There are some recurring themes that result in the children/young people being placed in our care. These can include:
- Their parents may have additional needs such as mental health, drug or alcohol-related problems that affect their ability to properly care for them.
- They may have experienced relationship problems and tensions at home.
- They may have experienced neglect or abuse at home.
- They may have been an unaccompanied asylum seeker child.
We need foster carers of every kind in Cardiff but particularly those who can help support:
- disabled children and young people,
- brothers and sisters – we keep families together if we can, and
- children and young people from black or ethnic minority groups.
Thanks to the ongoing support and skills of our fantastic foster carers, Cardiff’s cared for children can look forward to a bright, healthy and happy future.
If you’re interested in learning more about fostering or are ready to take the next step into becoming a foster carer, get in touch- we’d love to hear from you!
You can help make the difference!