Many young people who are leaving care and / or who are homeless aren’t quite ready to live independently.
Supported Lodgings providers help to bridge the gap by offering a room in their home to young people and by supporting them to develop the skills to live independently – for instance:
- Managing Laundry
- Cooking Skills
- Applying for jobs and completing forms
- Developing positive routines
Could you provide Supported Lodgings?
Anyone over 21 with a spare room can apply to become a supported lodgings provider.
Being in full time work is not a barrier to taking part in the scheme.
Your marital status, sexuality and cultural background will not affect your application.
What support will I receive?
- As a Supported Lodgings Provider you will receive the full support of the Supported Lodgings Team.
- You will receive training to ensure that you are fully prepared to deal with providing support to a young person.
- You will receive assistance and guidance from the team throughout the duration of the young person’s stay with you.
- You will receive payment of £170 in recognition of the support and care you provide to the young people you accommodate.