We offer fantastic support and training opportunities to ensure you are fully prepared and confident in your new role.
We provide a number of training courses designed to help you deal with the challenges of being a foster carer.
You will be given your own personal development plan which will list your skills and also highlight the training that would be of benefit to you.
As part of these development plans, you will have an opportunity to undertake a Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF), City and Guilds Diploma level three in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People).
You will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you every step of the way.
You will also receive:
- Fostering Network Membership.
- Invitations to annual activities and events.
- Regular support from your allocated social worker.
- Out of hours social work support.
- Regular support group meetings.
- An Active Card to enjoy our leisure and sport facilities for free at our centres across the city.