One of the main reasons people foster directly through Cardiff Council is due to the ongoing support we offer. We recently asked our Foster Carers for insight into how we can improve and are pleased to offer an even bigger and better package of support.
This includes but is not limited to:
- 24/7 support
- Support groups including Male Carers group
- Your own support worker
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Personal training and development programmes. As part of these development plans, you will have an opportunity to undertake a Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF), City and Guilds Diploma level three in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People).
- Full Membership of The Fostering Network
- In-house Training courses on areas such as wellbeing, substance and drug, teenagers, staying safe online and more.
- We are in the process of building a peer-to-peer mentor scheme.