Time for a change?
We know that as a foster carer, your first consideration is for the stability of the children in your care. However, as with all life choices sometimes you just need a change or maybe you are looking for a new challenge, whatever your reason for looking at our web page, please be assured that all foster Carers are free to choose who they work with and therefore you have the right to change to another Fostering Service.
At the City of Cardiff Fostering Service we have adopted the Fostering Networks “Transfer of Carers Protocol”.
“The Transfer of Carer Protocol is based on the assumption that carers have the right to freedom of movement between Fostering Services; and the principle that, in all circumstances, the welfare of any child in placement must be paramount”. (Fostering Network 2004)
There are a number of benefits to be had transferring over to foster directly with the Council.
- We have a large number of looked after children in Cardiff. This means that our carers have higher occupancy levels with shorter gaps between placements than many other foster agencies.
- Which means that if you rely on the income from fostering you will have a reduced risk of long periods when you don’t have the offer of a placement.
- If you live in or around the Cardiff area it makes sense to be working with the Council – we are right on your doorstep, and if you need our support can count on us to be here when you need help.
- You will get regular support from your dedicated social worker. You can also access regular training.
- Our Fostering Service is part of the wider Specialist Service area – so you will become part of the service area that provides specialist services and resources to our looked after children and care leavers. There is a close relationship between the Fostering Services and the Looked After Children’s Service, which can only benefit you and the children placed with you.
Every transfer case is looked at individually and some can be completed sooner than others, depending on your situation.
Please don’t delay, contact us on 02920 873797 or make an online enquiry
We would really like to hear from you!